Hearty Three Bean Stew
- 1 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can 15.5oz Hanover Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can 15.5oz Hanover Garbanzo Beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can 15.5oz Hanover Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 lb. smoked sausage
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 tablespoon pepper
- In a large saucepan add oil and cook sausage until heated through. Saute onions until tender. Add the garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, carrots, celery, broth and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, tomato paste, chili powder and pepper. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Soups, Stews & Chili