Black Bean Soup
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans of Hanover Foods Black Beans, undrained
- 1/3 cup of chopped onions
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup of cooked diced smoked ham
- 1 dash of sherry (optional)
- Sauté the onion and garlic in oil in a 3-quart heavy saucepan.
- Lightly mash contents of 1 can of black beans and add to sautéed ingredients.
- Add the remaining can of black beans, water, bouillon and ham.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- If desired, add a dash of sherry before serving.
Soups, Stews & Chili