Side Dish / Appitizer
- 3 cups of Hanover’s Frozen Buttery Corn
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Sour cream or a dipping sauce of your choice (optional)
- Thaw the Corn: Start by thawing the Hanover’s Frozen Buttery Corn according to the package instructions. You can do this by placing the corn in a microwave-safe bowl and heating it in the microwave for a few minutes or by letting it thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Prepare the Batter: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Add Eggs and Liquid: In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then add them to the dry ingredients. Stir in the melted butter and milk as well. Mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Incorporate the Corn: Gently fold the thawed Hanover’s Frozen Buttery Corn into the batter. If you’d like, add chopped fresh parsley to the batter for extra flavor and color.
- Heat the Oil: In a deep skillet or frying pan, heat about 1/2 inch of vegetable oil over medium-high heat until it reaches 350°F (175°C).
- Fry the Fritters: Using a spoon or an ice cream scoop, drop spoonfuls of the corn fritter batter into the hot oil. Be careful not to overcrowd the pan; leave enough space between each fritter for them to cook evenly. Flatten each fritter slightly with the back of the spoon.
- Cook Until Golden Brown: Fry the fritters for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until they turn golden brown and crispy. Use a slotted spoon to remove them from the oil and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
Serve: Serve the buttery corn fritters hot as a side dish or appetizer. You can also pair them with sour cream or your favorite dipping sauce.