Black Bean Soup
- 3-Quart Heavy Saucepan
- 2-15.5 oz Hanover Foods Black Beans undrained
- ⅓ cup Onions chopped
- 1 Clove of Garlic Ground/Cut Up
- ½ tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
- ½ cup Cooked Smoked Ham diced
- Sherry optional
- Sauté the onion and garlic in oil in a 3-quart heavy saucepan.
- Lightly mash contents of 1 can of black beans and add to sautéed ingredients.
- Add the remaining can of black beans, water, bouillon and ham.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- If desired, add a dash of sherry before serving.