- Heavy-Bottomed Saucepan
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 Small Yellow Onion chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger chopped
- 1 Jalapeño Chili seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 15 oz Hanover Foods Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) drained and rinsed
- 14 fl oz Coconut Milk well shaken
- 1 cup Water
- ½ cup Hanover Foods Organic Sweet Potatoes
- ½ cup Diced Tomatoes
- Steamed Basmati Rice optional
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the oil. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and chili and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sweet potato, chickpeas, coconut milk and water to the pan. Raise the heat to medium-high, bring just to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the sweet potato is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the peas and tomatoes and cook until heated through.
- Serve in bowls over steamed rice, if desired.